The Room

|
Bismillah and Assalamu'alaikum,

I have told you people earlier from the previous entry that I’m staying at the discussion room at my faculty. While most people I knew gave a pity look when I said this, I honestly felt good of staying here with all this strangers. One of the good things by sitting here is you’ll never feel bored, as people will come in and out of the room all the time. Yes, sometimes it will be a bit noisy, but if you have songs stuck in your ears from your precious headphone I don’t think it will be a problem.

Another lovely reason is you get to meet new people everyday. I made a couple of friends since my staying here. FYI, I come here everyday. There’s S, who usually sits beside me. She’s married, and his husband is also working here in UPM. I always have her to look over my stuff if I need to go to the restroom or praying. Trust me, after a couple of hours staring at the screen you might need to get some time outside the room. (Plus, the aircond is so cold in here). Ooh yes, that’s another reason, if you know people in here, you could get them to watch over your belongings when you’re away. You don’t want to bring your luggage around the faculty all day, do you?

And there’s A, my sweet friend I’ve known since last term. She also loves to stay here. In fact, she has her place of her own at the department lab. But she still sits here, with us. That’s one prove I should give you. That staying in this room, is actually fun.

The people who’s sitting at my right now is studying a slide show from his lecture, at my left side is reading a journal. An African (I guess) sitting behind me is watching a video from YouTube. Being here, I got a lot of motivation from people around me. From the positive side or even negative one, aiyaa...In my mind, I always think foreigner student are so hardworking, they do research all the time. But if you stay here, (a week is good enough), you might change your thinking about them. They are just like us, like me, maybe, they read funny blogs and watch video on YouTube. So then, next time don’t feel too intimated if you see foreigner students seemed so hard at work, okay... :-P

Till then, bubye!

0 comments:

Post a Comment