Threats

|

Bismillah and Assalamu'alaikum,

"Kasut atau nyawa?" I could still remember my friend's joke back when were students as she saw a sales assistant strolled a trolley full of shoes at Vincci, Mid Valley. It was funny, really. She is one of my friends who really crazy over shoes, any kind of shoes would do. So when we saw the sales assistant brought a giant trolley full of shoes, she felt like threatening the nice sales assistant lady to give her all the shoes. But of course, it never happened.

That is what we called as threats. Threatening is a well known way to get people to do whatever we please. The consequences depend on the people who were being threatened, if they are convinced that we could really hurt them, he or she would do what we demanded them to do. Or your threats could results to something you never thought would happen.

So recently, when my boss threatened me for a hundredth time, I flipped. I said to myself, this time I don't care about the repercussion. Whatever it is she's taking away from me, I really don't care. People who love to threats other people are the kind of people who thinks they are powerful, that they are in charge of someone else's life. And there are limits to this approach. The first time you threats people, he or she might get worried and would obey your order. But at some point, when the people you threatened felt you overpowering their lives, they would act aloof to your threats. Therefore, for you to use this technique to get things done your way, you have to really know your stands, as well as your opponents'.

The triumph of threats too, depends on the level of logic of your demands. If your hundredth time's demand is not as logic as it may sound to you, perhaps, the victim would think for their own benefits before they obey. If the benefits you offered are only on your side, your 'it's-good-for-everyone's' wishes would never come true. Now I got to thinking what would happen if my friend really threats the Vincci sales assistant, will I be on the news..?

0 comments:

Post a Comment