My latest favorite movie

|

Bismillah… assalamualaikum,

Last weekend I got the chance to watch the long-kept-movie-in-my-pen drive, The Fall. Yep, now it’s one of my favorites!! I fell in love with the story, the music, the casts, the costumes and the amazing landscapes. And, I did not move for the whole 2 hours. Why?

1. The story: the story is simple, yet so interesting. Actually, This movie is inspired by the Bulgarian movie Yo ho ho (1981). The story takes it place in a hospital in 1915, with fantasy world of exotic bandits (Zorro) + Wallace and Darwin Theory + Ali Baba + Guillermo del Toro's Pan's Labyrinth.

2. The music: the music is just so beautiful and romantic.

3. The casts: I ADORE Lee Pace. With his deep voice and his eyes that look-through-to-my-soul (fuhh...) and applaud to the sweet little young actress, Catinca Untaru. She’s so talented!

4. The costumes: the costumes are designed by Academy Award winner Eiko Ishioka. From an interview by Leslie Yazel with Tarsem, the director once said to Eiko “make something you can't put a finger on, so you can't say that comes from this film that I've seen and that comes from this film that I've seen…” and taraa! All the dresses are amazing!

5. The amazing landscapes: here’s the fact- Tarsem took 4 years to shot the exotic backdrops and travelled to more than 24 countries, including the fort in Rajasthan India. How cool is that?


So, there you go, updating my favorite movie list, The Fall.. Googly, googly, googly.. be gone!

0 comments:

Post a Comment